The Coventry Village Special Improvement District in Cleveland Heights, Ohio is hiring friendly, part-time, Neighborhood Ambassadors for the upcoming holiday season.
Make extra holiday cash by greeting Coventry Village visitors and helping us create amazing guest experiences. Primary responsibility is assisting with shopping and dining recommendations, distributing promotional materials, and helping execute our "Coventry Cash" holiday promotion.
We are looking for Ambassadors that are reliable, outgoing, well-spoken, and are passionate about the Coventry Village neighborhood. Ambassadors enjoy helping all kinds of people whether they need recommendations or simply require directions.
This position is a part-time weekend position. Training (with flexible hours) will begin in mid-November, with regular weekend shifts starting the weekend of November 24th through December 31st. Applicants will need to be available for shifts on Saturdays and Sundays from 12 PM – 6 PM, with the flexibility of the occasional Friday shift, when holidays fall over the weekend.
General Job Description:
- Suggest locations for dining and shopping, and make gift buying recommendations
- Distribute neighborhood guides, maps and other promotional materials to visitors
- Provide accurate directions and neighborhood information to guests
- Assist with validating receipts and assist with our "Coventry Cash" holiday promotion
Skills & Requirements
- Friendly and inviting personality
- Customer service focused with strong communication skills
- Community pride and possess a strong knowledge of the Coventry Village area (Cleveland Heights resident preferred)
- Motivated self-starter with problem solving skills
- Professional appearance (ambassadors will be required to wear branded logo jacket, which will be provided)
- Respect for self and others
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse audience
- Reliable transportation
- Flexible weekend schedule
- Possess a working smart phone with the ability to take photos and send email/text messages
- Must be over 21 years of age
- Outdoor work environment
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Able to carry and lifting up to 35 pounds.
- Able to work in cold weather and snow (Please note – Ambassador Shifts will be cancelled or rescheduled when inclement weather is forecasted. (Extremely low temps -or- rain/ice/snow storms)
This is an independent contractor position. Ambassadors will be paid a highly-competitive, flat hourly rate. Payment will be bi-weekly in the form of a check. This is a 1099 contracted position and you will be required to provide a completed W9 form prior to training.
Additionally, Ambassadors will be compensated for a two-day training session and provided with a branded logo jacket to be worn during shifts.
Please send an email cover letter to CoventryVillageJobs@gmail.com that details your interest in the position, qualifications and contact information (Please provide full name and phone number.) Deadline to apply is Friday, October 28th.